Learn, from nurses, perineal care techniques and proper toileting skills demonstrated on real people in various locations including the bathroom, shower, and in bed. Reduce the risk of infection and skin breakdown with instruction on proper cleansing techniques performed on both men and woman with varied care needs. These videos utilize close ups, slow motion and extensive explanation on the importance of proper technique to enhance patient care outcomes. This DVD set includes 21 training videos.
Included In The Perineal Care and Toileting DVD:
Perineal Care (Male and Female)
- Bed – Learn the proper techniques for cleaning both male and female patients while they stay in bed to reduce infections and prevent skin breakdown.
- Shower – Learn, in detail, the important differences in assisting men and woman with perineal care while in a shower chair.
- Toileting –
- 1-person – View perineal care on a male and a female patient while they are being assisted by 1 caregiver in the bathroom.
- 1-person/1-assist – Learn how to perform male perineal care on a patient who needs one caregiver to assist him to stand while the other caregiver performs perineal care.
- 2-person – Review perineal care on a male patient who needs a 2-person assist to stand. Both caregivers will assist him to stand while one of them performs the perineal care.
- Toileting – Observe a male patient being safely assisted on and off the toilet with a gait belt. Perineal care is demonstrated while he is sitting and standing.
- Bedpan – Watch a male patient assisted on and off the bedpan.
- Catheter Care – Learn the proper technique for cleansing an indwelling catheter to prevent costly and painful infections.
- Measuring Output – Observe a caregiver measuring and recording urinary output (in ml’s) using a graduate. Measuring bowel movements is discussed.
All of Our Videos Include:
- Clear and concise demonstrations
- Compassionate interactions
- Bonus instructional features
- Safe and competent care tips
Our Training Product Benefits:
- Enhance caregiver competency with safe and proper care techniques modeled in every video
- Train new and current care givers
- Reduce lost time related to staff injury and decrease workman’s compensation claims
- Improve patient care quality and operational efficiency
- Reduce supervisor’s training time
- Decrease medical liability costs
- Improve quality patient care
- Prevent costly infections and improve patient care outcomes
- Decrease patient stay time
- Decrease preventable readmission
- Decrease healthcare facility acquired conditions
Free Bonus Disc!
Our Free Bonus Disc, included free with this purchase is essential to keeping caregivers and patients safe and healthy. Your health care providers will learn skills to maintain professionalism and patient dignity. Included in this DVD:
- Customer Service (2 videos) – Entering and exiting a room skills are reinforced.
- Infection Control (5 videos)- Skills to prevent the spread of infection are demonstrated.
- Safety (2 videos)- General safety and body mechanics are addressed.